TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL YOUR HEART
AND LEAN NOT ON YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING
IN ALL YOUR WAYS ACKNOWLEDGE HIM,
AND HE WILL DIRECT YOUR PATHS.
If you’ve asked me how you can pray for me in the the last few months, chances are good that ‘wisdom for us as we plan’ was on my list. And I can give you a heads up: it will probably stay high up on the list. Soon, we will have no more ‘Oops, I forgot to get brown sugar!’ emergency grocery runs. Or even ‘Guess we need to get an ointment for that!’ trips. Those times when all your socks seem to get a hole at exactly the same time? Those moments will mean waiting a month or so for new socks (that is, if there are even socks available in town!).
And that is just thinking of the physical things we need. Bigger decisions like establishing a timeline, thinking through flights (for ourselves and our belongings), and where and when to purchase supplies all demand attention. There are a lot of moving pieces to keep track of right now, and we are comforted by the knowledge that God is working it all out.
– Proverbs 16:9 The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps. –
God has used this season to grow our trust in Him and his goodness! We have been amazed at how the Lord directs our steps. We’ve seen Him work out the detail of plans like ‘Raise Support’ in ways we could not have imagined! He has added precious friends to our lives who give so much more than financial support. People who are eager to work alongside us to bring the Good News to the tribes of the Finisterre Mountains. We’ve worked hard at the detail of preparing and training – only to be blessed in unexpected ways.
So here is where we are and what we’re planning (so you can praise God with us and continue to pray):
- Monthly support: 91%
- Start-up costs: 65%
- Training: 98.5%
- PNG Visa application in progress
- Tickets to PNG booked for 20 September!
- We’ve started packing, and have just placed our first order with our logistics coordinator (who has to be commended for his patience!)
What remains to be done in our remaining 7 weeks in the US:
- Finish up training (God willing we’ll be done by next week Friday!)
- Purchase last few things we need to ship/take.
- Decide what needs to get where, and when it needs to be there. Then determine the best way to get it there. And then make the arrangements to get that done.
- Pack bags and crates, weigh them, repack them (you get the idea!)
- Spend time getting to know our new church family at Northwest Community Church (Ryan will be leading the services on Sunday and we will God willing attend the family camp in September.)
- Trip to Texas to visit potential supporting church.
- Continue our involvement at Grace Bible Church.
- Plan a short trip to see the Grand Canyon and rest for a few days (we’ve been on ‘All systems go!’ for a long time and will not have a break again soon).
- Celebrate our sweet boy’s sixth birthday.
- Get as much school work done as possible so that we can take time off when we move.
We are so thankful for all the ways God has used the people around us to accomplish His plan. Please know that we treasure even those quick ‘Just to let you know I’m praying!’ messages. God is good. We can and should plan (and by His grace we will get better at it). But how comforting to know that ultimately HE directs our steps!